Term 4 menu
Improved Online Free School Meals Process
From Monday 7th April 2014 Kent County Council will be launching an online application service for Free School Meals.
· Parents will be able to establish eligibility for Free School Meals instantly online
· Removal of the need for you to fax and post applications back to Kent County Council
· Removes the stigma attached to applying for Free School Meals
· Enables applications to be made via mobile phone, tablet, PC, Internet enabled TV or Console
· The new system will provide up-to-date information about which children can be offered free school meals
· Reduces costs associated with administration (i.e. postage) and incorrect meal provision
· Removes need for re-application whilst eligibility continues
How will this work?
Parents will have the opportunity to complete an eligibility assessment themselves to establish whether they are entitled to Free School Meals. If eligible they can complete an application for Free School Meals via www.kent.gov.uk.
Schools will be notified of any successful applications straight away via email, so that a Free School Meal can be provided the same day.
Whilst implementation continues, you are able to view a user guide for the new process by viewing the attached user guide. You will be contacted in the coming weeks with your log in details for the new Free School Meals system.
For further information please contact FreeSchoolMeals@kent.gov.uk